Monday, July 28, 2008

Day 17...I hate beans

I used to love beans. I'd make soup with lentils or some other bean at least once a week. I am finding that they get a little starchy when blended and form this great paste behind your teeth which is not so tasty when you can't brush back there. Veggie soup with red potatoes is awesome! It blends great with no sticky feeling when you drink it. Last night my hubby grilled some chicken sausage and I made grilled potato wedges with peppers and onions and steamed broccoli. This was the best dinner ever when blended with chicken stock...No joke! Costco (my favorite place other than Trader Joe's) has some great sausages and are great blended (just peel the casing off first). Tonight I will make some potato and leek soup....maybe add some ham for flavor (yes ham to my non pork eating friend in the south).

PS I used to love lentils with lamb. Lamb is one meat I find gross in pureed form. Chicken, beef, ham and sausage is great. Lamb, not so tasty.

PPS Coconut milk is my new favorite addition to smoothies and banana and mango are so great with it.

PPSS Hot sause is a good addition to soup to make it less boring to drink.

No comments: