Tuesday, July 22, 2008

Day 14




Things are looking up. I have minimal swelling, the brusing is almost gone, stitches have dissolved, and I can drink through a straw. Oh, and the 5 lbs. I lost are an added bonus. The Zip and Squeeze bags and syringes are no longer a part of my life. Today mom and dad took the kids so I can hang out at home and rest overnight. Since most people don't even go back to work for 2-3 weeks, I want to make sure I am taking time to rest.


I love my fruit smoothies and coffee drinks, but soup is getting old. I have alternated red lentils with ham and mexican/chicken/veggie soups and dinner blended with chicken stock. Chicken, brocolli and potato blend up well in the Vita Mix. Time to move on to lamb and lentil with some spice!


Tonight hubby and I are going to p/u some local clam chowder and see how clams blend in the Vita Mix....

2 comments:

Rachel said...

That is quite a band configuration. I'm glad that things are looking up. I'll be checking in on you.

Amie said...

Yeah. It is a great trap for food, tomato based soup and red wine (they are yellow on one side from drinking through a straw).