Tuesday, July 22, 2008

Day 10-I love my Vita Mix

I just want to tell you about one of my most important post-opgadgets (other than the paper coffee cups and lids instead of strawsand sippy cups, Waterpic and my Sonicare with a kid-brush attachment-also super helpful in getting those back molars 7 days after surgery)is the Vita Mix Blender.Some of you may have seen it demoed at Costco and I know the newmodel is pricey at $400 but you can find older and used models on E-bay or other online Best Juicers and it was shipped to me in threedays. Anyhow it COMPLETELY blends every food I have consumed sofar. Lentils with ham (the ham disappears) and veggies, smoothieswith berries, whole apple, peaches, (the strawberry seeds and fruitskin disappear), last night I blended grilled chicken, broccoli,potato and organic chicken broth (I am on my second case of that fromCostco) and there are no traces of little food bits. This is helpfulfor those of you who don't want to pick out food from your bands,brackets and stitches. I think this has been very beneficial in myhealing as it has allowed me to take in excellent nutrition.I know I sound like the demo girl at Costco, but I considered this aninvestment in my healing process and am looking to see if I can usethis a medical write-off on my taxes along with the zip-and-squeezeproducts. If not, oh well….Food essentials: there are awesome protein powder/supplement shakemixes at the health food store,Probiotics!!! A must since we are taking antibioticsOmega 3 Oil-add to shakes since I am not eating fish and eggsBrown rice proteinFlax-need the fiber!!!soft tofu-good source of proteinCoconut milk or coconut oil-add some good fat and tropical flavor tosmoothiesrice/soy milk: milk made me phlemyyogurt,fruit,carrots, fresh ginger, green apples-makes a good smoothieHappy Healing!Amie-the girl with the drill bit in her head

No comments: